Saturday, July 12, 2014

Last Day & last post




Friday was our last day at Camp Huntington. When we awoke we went to our last breakfast. After that we met to present our projects - which I must say went very well - better than myself and the other girls thought they would. After that we had our last lunch together. Unfortunately Amanda had to leave earlier to get to a wedding so she was unable to have one last final lunch - not to mention we got to eat in the glass dining room looking out over the lake! It was stunning!!! Once lunch was finished we had to clean up the rooms and buildings that we used - which really wasn't that hard considering us four girls only stayed in one room! 

It was time to head back to Antlers and leave. We were all saying goodbye and it was really neat to see that no one really wanted to leave! We all had such a great time and I cannot wait to come back and hike again! That I must say was my favorite part of the trip. 

I really do not think I would change a thing about this class. It was well created and I can truly say that I have learned a lot. 

I am eager and excited to take the things I have learned about the gorgeous Adirondacks and use them in my future classroom. I am also eager to share the things that I have learned and spread the ideas of how we as professional educators can create more actively engaged and hands on learning. We talked so much about how important it is in getting your students more involved in their own learning. Doing your research and standing up for what you believe is right and fighting for your students - fighting for what you believe will be most beneficial to their future is what separates an average teacher to an expert, professional teacher. 

Wrapping up my stay at the Adirondacks - I can simply say this - amazing! I will never forget this experience and I hope to some day come back and give back to keep it as beautiful as it is! 


X




No comments:

Post a Comment